Dateline: June 8th, 2015
1. A total of around $3 billion worth of stuff is shoplifted from the 4,555 Walmarts in America every year.
2. “Partly cloudy” and “mostly sunny” mean the same thing in a weather report: 26% to 50% cloud cover.
3. The people who created the mp3 used the same song over and over to test their compression: “Tom’s Diner” by Suzanne Vega. They picked it because, quote, “a warm, a capella voice” is the hardest thing to compress.
4. Even though M. Night Shyamalan gets a lot of heat for making a string of bombs, all of his movies have been profitable since he became famous. The only movie he made that lost money was “Wide Awake” in 1998.
5. The fax machine was invented about 30 years before the telephone.