Dateline: June 12th, 2015
1. In 1987, the IRS started making people list their kids’ Social Security numbers on their tax forms when they counted them as dependents, to cut down on fraud. And suddenly, seven million children who were claimed the year before disappeared.
2. The shuttlecock that’s used in badminton today was created by Eddie Bauer, the person, not the store. Before he patented a standard shuttlecock, there was no consistent size, weight, or material for them.
3. Approximately four million of the 20 million songs on Spotify have never been played.
4. Walt Disney was so bothered by the movie “Psycho” that he banned Alfred Hitchcock from Disneyland.
5. There’s a name for the “apron” of fat that hangs down from the bottom of a person’s stomach: It’s called a pannus.